Things to Do
10th anniversary celebration, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Essentia Duluth Heritage Center, 120 S. 30th Ave. W. Features presentations by Lake Superior Zoo, Animal Allies, Duluth Police Department K-9 unit and Duluth Children's Museum along with skating, bouncy house, games and refreshments. Free.
Enjoy the grand reopening of The SS Meteor and the Old Firehouse and Police Museum, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday. Features free tours, cake and punch. Call (715) 394-5712 or go to superiorpublicmuseums.org.
Don't miss Music, Rails and Ales, 6-9 p.m. Wednesday, North Shore Scenic Railroad. Train departs from the Depot to Two Harbors and back. Features Green Mill pizza, Castle Danger beer tastings, cash bar, silent auction, 50-50 raffle and music by three bands. Proceeds benefit Lupus Link Minnesota and the Lupus Research Alliance. Tickets: $25. Call (218) 722-1273 or go to duluthtrains.com.
Ladies' Night Out event, 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Barnes & Noble court. Features live music by Whisky Trail, cakewalk, food and beverage sampling and giveaways. Fashion show at 7:30 p.m. Free.
Register for "The Art of Brunch" with Scott Graden, 6 p.m. Thursday, The Blue Heron Trading Co., 394 S. Lake Ave. Learn to make breakfast radish tartlet, pork loin in tomato with rustic sourdough and semolina cake with apricot. Cost: $30. Call (218) 722-8799 for required registration.
Sign up for Hometown Heroes Walk, May 26, Endion Station, Lakewalk. Goal is to raise money for food allergy epidemic. Go to fare.foodallergy.org/duluth to register.
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit glensheen.org or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Children's Museum, 115 S. 29th Ave. W., Duluth, offers programs and exhibits for children and families. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Visit playduluth.org or call (218) 733-7543.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans' Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays; noon to 8 p.m. Thursdays; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to douglashistory.org.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Visit glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.