Pets of the Week for Jan. 2, 2018
HELPING PAWS PET RESCUE
Ajax and Mystic are available for adoption through PAWS Pet Rescue in Washburn.
Be sure to check out Ajax (pictured), Vargus, Wade, Isabella and Hailey when shopping for a tuxedo cat. All five of these kitties were relocated from a kill shelter in Montgomery County, Ky. For those who prefer black cats, consider Ebony, Destinee or Mystic (pictured) — stunners, every one of them! When Mystic first arrived at Helping PAWS her coat was a mess — she had fleas and ear mites, and her fur was thin and sparse. But what a different good nutrition makes. Now she is considered the poster cat for what having the right food can do.
Our "Free Pets for Vets" program continues with some restrictions. Just bring a copy of your DD-214 or Veteran I.D. to Helping PAWS and pick out one of the wonderful kitties here.
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. For more information, call Helping PAWS Pet Rescue Inc. at (715) 373-2222, email email@example.com or visit ourhelpingpaws.com for more information.
Mr. Tibbs is available for adoption through Animal Allies in Duluth.
Mr. Tibbs is an orange tabby domestic shorthair who is two years old. He came to us as a transfer from a different shelter and is now looking for his new loving home. Mr. Tibbs is a calm and friendly cat who really likes his ears and chin scratched. This explorative guy settles into new situations with ease, greeting everyone he can see. At the end of a long day he loves to lounge on a comfy blanket. He will be neutered, microchipped and vaccinated by the time of adoption. An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. Animal Allies uses the "Meet your Match" adoption program designed by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The program evaluates an animal's behavior and interests and matches them to an adopter's preferences so you take home a pet you really click with. Call (218) 722-5341 or visit animalallies.net for more information.
To adopt a cat or dog elsewhere in the Northland, call:
• Chequamegon Humane Association, Ashland, (715) 682-9744, CHAadopt.org
• Contented Critters Shelter, Makinen, (218) 638-2153, contentedcritters.org
• Friends of Animals of Carlton County, (218) 879-1655, foaonline.org
• Humane Society of Douglas County, Superior, (715) 398-6784, hsdcpets.com
• Lake County Humane Society and Animal Shelter, Two Harbors, (218) 834-5806
• Mesabi Humane Society, Virginia, (218) 741-7425, mesabihumane.org
• Northern Lights Animal Rescue, (218) 729-1485, petfinder.org/shelters/MN22.html
• Oreo's Kitty Sanctuary, (218) 591-7200, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Precious Paws Humane Society of Chisholm, (218) 254-3300, email@example.com or pphsc.com
• Range Regional Rescue in Hibbing, (218) 262-1900
• Retrieve a Golden of Minnesota Inc. (RAGOM), (952) 946-8070 or visit ragom.org
• Star of the North Humane Society, Itasca County, (218) 245-3732, starnorth.org
• Warm Fuzzies Animal Rescue Inc., Petsitter99@yahoo.com, (218) 576-8534, warmfuzzies.petfinder.com