Pets of the week for May 16, 2017
DUDDERS is a 2-year-old male Lab-mix available for adoption through Chequamegon Humane Association in Ashland. His ears have been cut — probably to make him look a little more intimidating — but don't be fooled. He is a big sweetheart!
He came to CHA from animal control and knows a couple basic commands like "sit" and "down." He can be a little grabby with toys and he's pretty energetic, so no kids under 13 for this guy. He does not seem to like other dogs, but so far, he has been OK with cats. If we learn anything new about this handsome boy, we will be sure to update his bio. An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. Call (715) 682-9744, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to CHAadopt.org for more information.
DASHI is a 2-year-old American Staffordshire Terrier looking for adoption through Animal Allies in Duluth. Dashi came to Animal Allies as a transfer from another rescue. He is a sweet boy who loves to spend time with people. Dashi is a special dog, not only because of his snuggly personality, but because he is blind. He doesn't let that slow him down; he loves to play especially with toys that make noise. Dashi is looking for a home as the only pet.
An adoption fee is required for all adoptions. Animal Allies uses the "Meet your Match" adoption program designed by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The program evaluates an animal's behavior and interests and matches them to an adopter's preferences so you take home a pet you really click with. Call (218) 722-5341 or visit animalallies.net for more information.
To adopt a cat or dog elsewhere in the Northland, call:
- Contented Critters Shelter, Makinen, (218) 638-2153, contentedcritters.org
- Friends of Animals of Carlton County, (218) 879-1655, foaonline.org
- Humane Society of Douglas County, Superior, (715) 398-6784, hsdcpets.com
- Lake County Humane Society and Animal Shelter, Two Harbors, (218) 834-5806
- Mesabi Humane Society, Virginia, (218) 741-7425, mesabihumane.org
- Northern Lights Animal Rescue, (218) 729-1485, petfinder.org/shelters/MN22.html
- Oreo's Kitty Sanctuary, (218) 591-7200, email@example.com
- Precious Paws Humane Society of Chisholm, (218) 254-3300, firstname.lastname@example.org or pphsc.com
- Range Regional Rescue in Hibbing, (218) 262-1900
- Star of the North Humane Society, Itasca County, (218) 245-3732, starnorth.org
- Warm Fuzzies Animal Rescue Inc., Petsitter99@yahoo.com, (218) 576-8534, warmfuzzies.petfinder.com